Whether you are planning to support a specific runner or looking to cheer on the masses, we have all the information you need to prepare for the IAAF World Indoor Championships.
At the Oregon Convention Center, Spectator Gates will open 1 hour prior to competition for each session. There is no-re-entry.
Be sure to allow enough time to enter the venue as everyone will be subject to a security screening. Security staff will conduct full bag inspections. Be sure to check the Prohibited and Permitted Items List below before you leave the house! Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to create a safe environment inside the Oregon Convention Center.
Parking at and around the Oregon Convention Center is extremely limited with multiple events in the surrounding area occurring during the IAAF World Indoor Championships, March 17th – 20th. All parking is on a first come first serve basis. We highly encourage public transportation, biking or walking instead of driving. A free bike valet will be available just across the street from the main spectator entrance.
Please be sure to check out our Spectator Maps (Spectator Information<Maps) for more detailed information.
All individuals and their belongings are subject to search. The following information is subject to change without notice.
The following ARE PROHIBITED in the Oregon Convention Center:
- Outside Alcohol
- Outside Food (unless medically necessary)
- Outside Beverages
- Coolers (of any size)
- Large Bags/Purses (larger than 8.5” x 11” x14”) – Diaper bags will be permitted with baby
- Animals (ADA defined service animals allowed)
- Firearms (including replica firearms), weapons, knives, ammunition and explosives
- Knives and other sharp objects
- Metal cans (including aerosol cans)
- Illegal drugs
- Hate material
- Helium balloons
- Balls, Frisbees, or other athletic equipment
- Laser lights or pointers
- Artificial noisemaking devices (air horns, bells, bullhorns, thundersticks, whistles)
- Stadium seats or chairs
- Sticks (including selfie sticks), poles, tri-pods, mono-pods
- Segways or hover boards
- Bikes (Bike Valet available-see spectator map)
- Disorderly conduct or obscenity (see “FAN CODE OF CONDUCT”)
Note: The Local Organizing Committee reserves the right to update or modify this list. Prohibited items and items determined to not be appropriate for entry into the Oregon Convention Center will be the responsibility of the ticketholder and cannot be accepted or checked by IAAF, the Oregon Convention Center or any law enforcement agency. Anyone possessing PROHIBITED items will be asked to return them to their cars or dispose of them in a waste receptacle.
The following ARE PERMITTED in the Oregon Convention Center:
- Empty reusable plastic water bottles permitted
- Small cameras will be allowed. No cameras with professional lenses will be permitted.
- Banners or signs not exceeding 8.5 by 11 inches in size
The Following items are allowed in the building but must be checked at the coat/baggage check located outside of the seating bowl (see spectator map).
- Skateboards or roller skates/blades
The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated.
Last update: March 2nd, 2016
The IAAF World Indoor Championships Portland 2016 is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all in attendance. In order to ensure a safe and celebratory environment, we ask that spectators refrain from the following behavior:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
- Profanity or other offensive language
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing. Footwear is required at all times
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Using a restricted item in the seating bowl
- No smoking
- Interference with the progress of competition (including throwing of items or entering the competition field/track)
- Fighting or threatening behavior
- Failure to follow instructions of Portland 2016 personnel or law enforcement
- Unauthorized loitering or solicitation
- Violation of federal, state, or local laws
- Obstructing views of other spectators or access ways (including banners, umbrellas, signs, flags)
- Affixing signs or other materials to the venue
- Unauthorized recording, videotaping, broadcasting or transmission through mobile phones and other recording or transmission devices
- Unauthorized marketing, advertising or promotional activity
- Re-entry is not permitted
Last update: March 2nd, 2016