- Category 1: The countries whose citizens do not need a visa to enter the USA or countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP- see below);
- Category 2: The countries whose citizens need a visa to enter the USA and where there is a US Consulate;
- Category 3: The countries whose citizens need a visa to enter the USA and where there is NO US Consulate.
If your country is in Category 1, please visit the following website to complete the Visa Waiver Program application: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html See Section B language below referring to Visa Waiver Countries.
If your country is in Category 2 or 3, please follow the ensuing procedure:
- Find your closest US Embassy or Consulate and complete the online US Visa Application DS-160 form at http://www.usembassy.gov/index.html. See Section A language below referring to visa wizard.
- Once this form has been completed, please contact the Portland 2016 LOC with the following information for all Visa applicants:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- The LOC will respond with a Letter of Invitation to all athletes and team officials.
- Contact your local US Embassy or Consulate and make an appointment for a visa interview. See Section A language referring to scheduling appointments.
- Take the personalize invitation letter to your interview.
- See language below referring to Attend Your Visa Interview.
You must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your planned departure from the United States (unless exempted by country-specific agreements). For families, each member of your family, including infants and children, must have his/her own passport.
Who Needs a Visa?
A visa will be required of all visitors to enter the United States with the exception of nationals of Canada and the countries that are part of the “Visa Waiver Program”. Currently 38 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program.